Sunday, October 26, 2008

CANNNNNOT STOP REEEEADING


Ok, so admittedly it has been awhile since I have been completely captivated and dedicated to reading a complete series.

If you haven't heard of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series... you must be living under a rock. Well I have been living under a rock until last week when my casual stop in at Idigo (to usual pick up the latest issues of my fav. magazines) turned into the discovery of my latest obsession....yes I said it ...its now officially an "obsession".

So titled "Twilight", I picked it up and brought it to the cashier, and our conversation went like this:

Cashier: (as I handed my random magazines and copy of Twilight on the table) "You might as well buy the Twilight series cause I guarentee that you will be back for the rest"

Me: "Oh really?... well I have heard about this book a couple times here and there on facebook...and I don't really have all that much time to read... so I will just get the first one for now"

Cashier: "Alight, well I am sure that I will see you very soon..."

Me: "Ok we'll see"


DAMN INDIGO EMPLOYEE WAS RIGHT. I finished Twilight in what...3 days????? I couldnt put it down. In the subway... eating, before bed, before I get out of bed, in the car, ...you get the idea.

All I can say is that I went back to Indigo today... and as this twisted universe might have it... same cashier was working... conversation went like this:

Cashier: "HAHAHAHA back so early?"

Me: "Ya ya ya, I can't help it, its sooooooo goood"

Cashier: "Ya, my girlfriend is reading the series right now, and that Edward Cullen dude is all she talks about".

Me: "Wellllll he is the most dreamy vampire in the whole entire universe!!!"

Cashier: (laughs VERY out loud) "Funny enough, not the first time I have heard that come out of someones mouth"


So ya... Twilight will be made into a movie coming out in November... but I mean... usually the book is better so I am battling myself whether to see it or not. But If you read this book, and you do not have a huge crush on Edward, SOMETHING is wrong with you!!!!! I am on the second book in the series now; "New Moon" and I am already 1/3 done. *sigh*

Super easy reading...but SUPER entertaining.





No comments: